As we countdown the last few days of 2007, it’s an appropriate time to take a look back at your year. How did your marketing perform? Here are a few questions I’d be asking before planning for 2008…
– In what percentage of sales did my website play a prominent role?
– Am I getting the same ROI from TV, radio and newspaper advertising as I did 5 years ago?
– Where is my dealership’s website ranked on Google? Can my customers and prospects easily find me online?
– Is the experience of visiting my website enhanced with video and other multimedia?
– What are my digital marketing goals for 2008?
Based on your answer to the above questions, it’s time to ask yourself this question:
How should I allocate marketing dollars in 2008?
If you’re like most dealerships we know, the percentage of dollars going toward digital efforts (and away from TV, radio and newspaper advertising) will continue to increase until a time when not doing digital marketing would seem just as crazy as canceling your TV buy for 2008.
Best of luck in what is sure to be a fantastic 2008!
Marketing Strategist/Creative Consultant