from drivingsales.com, posted 6/3/08
Now for the weekly check list. ISMs need to be completelting these items on a weekly basis and reporting to their management on their progress of each of these items. Following this task list regularly will greatly increase your success:
Weekly Check List
1. __ Visit dealership website. Call toll free and other phone numbers to ensure they’re working and being answered properly.
2. __ Check AutoTrader, Cars.com, UsedCars.com, and/or other third party website photos, pricing information, and phone numbers.
3. __ Blind shop competitors selling both similar and different makes and models.
4. __ Post any upcoming Events and Specials on website. Be careful about posting any future discounts or pricing – those should be only posted once they are on, or when they are about to end to instill urgency.
5. __ Schedule broadcast email once per month, at the beginning of the third week of the month. Preferably, send on Tuesday or Thursday afternoon. Always have something for the customer first and foremost â€“ give them a compelling reason to open your email.
6. __ Schedule automated targeted email campaigns to existing customers, including interests, specials, birthdays, etc.
7. __ Check with vendors to see if there are duplicate addresses they are sending leads to, to former employees, etc..
8. __ Test templated emails to see how they are arriving to customers.
9. __ Check your site for manufacturers compliance or non-compliances issues.
10. __ If you find any issues, send an email to your vendor (so you have it in writing), cc-ing your GM or ID, and immediately follow up with a phone call. If the issue is not resolved in 24 hours, re-send the email, and cc you GM or ID. They should take it from there.
Following these processes and checklists will help you maximize you efforts and success! Good luck.